Today there was another public policy luncheon, with NCTA’s Dan Brenner doing a terrific job moderating a panel of stellar public servants:
- FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein
- FCC Commissioner Michael Copps
- FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell
- FTC Commissioner Jon Leibowitz
- NTIA Acting Assistant Secretary Meredith Baker
It sounded to me like there was recognition that a discussion of net neutrality ought to include an acknowledgement of the necessity of network management.
There was also a great deal of discussion of the state of broadband deployment in the U.S., particularly compared to other countries. For context, it would probably be helpful to consult the four-part series we did on our Cable Tech Talk blog.
- The Trouble with Broadband Deployment Statistics
- All Things Being Equal, All Things Are Not Equal
- The Truth About Japanese Broadband
- Getting America Connected to Broadband