The final tally is in. CableCares with your help managed to bring in over $900,000. Money that was used to help out the city of New Orleans.
Hundreds of volunteers from both cable and the community joined forces to:
- Build two new playgrounds at Sarah T. Reed and Fannie C. Williams Elementary
- Clean, landscape, and beautify Sarah T. Reed High
- Install cable TV services, HD DVRs, broadband learning portals, and state-of-the-art TV displays at Banneker Elementary
- Place computers in every classroom at Laurel Elementary
- Finance new broadband infrastructure at Chalmette High
- Provide more than 560 prom dresses and suits to local schools
- Prepare more than 200 meals at Ozanam Inn
- Donate hundreds of personal toiletry items to local shelters
- Donate three tractor-trailer loads of food, school supplies and musical instruments to local schools and families
- Donate thousands of dollars worth of athletic equipment to 5 local schools
- Collect and donate more than 20,000 books, CDs and educational DVDs to school and public libraries
- Restore AIDS centers devastated by the hurricanes
- Make grants to other schools in the surrounding Bay St. Lewis areas
- Countless individual charity/fundraising drives by participation companies to help fund these initiatives.
If you still want to help, we are still selling Battle of the Bands Charity Fundraiser t-shirts for $25 with free shipping and handling. Sizes available: Small to X-Large. E-mail your order and include form of payment to email@example.com.