It’s time again to submit a nomination to honor cable’s best at the 2009 NCTA Vanguard Awards. Last year’s nominees included such luminaries as:
- Matthew C. Blank, Chairman and CEO of Showtime Networks Inc. and Anne Sweeney, President of Disney-ABC Television Group and Co-Chair of Disney Media who won the Distinguished Vanguard Awards for Leadership.
- Bret S. Perkins, Vice President of Government Affairs, Comcast Cable Corporation, who won for Young Leadership.
- Kenneth W. Lowe, President & CEO of The E.W. Scripps Company, won the Vanguard for Programming.
- Michael Pohl, VP/GM ARRIS Media & Communications Group, won the Vanguard for Associates and Affiliates.
- Paul G. Allen, Chairman of Charter Communications and Chairman of Vulcan, Inc., for Science and Technology.
- Steven Brookstein, Executive Vice President of Operations for Bresnan Communications, won the award for Cable Operations Management.
- Carol A. Melton, Executive Vice President of Global Public Policy for Time Warner, Inc., won the Vanguard for Government and Community Relations.
- Samuel V. Howe, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Time Warner Cable, won the Vanguard for Marketing.
A special Vanguard was also presented to Richard Leghorn for Outstanding Contribution.
Who’s going to win the awards this year? Make sure to turn your nomination form in by Friday, January 16, 2009 as the submission process closes.