- Xpanded Bandwidth: Is back to defend their title as the band to beat. Will the band from Cox Communications win again?
- TV Rejects: Will it be time for the DC locals to win the title and make DC proud?
- The Solutions: With many new band members, is this year for the band from ARRIS?
- Ralphie and The Streamers: Who could forget the way this Cisco band excited the crowd last year. Will they do the same this year?
- Full Mesh: Juniper Networks is back and ready to bring it.
Not only will our line up will be playing for bragging rights, but they are also playing for a good cause – City Year. Battle of the Bands is a charity fundraiser for CableCares – the cable industry’s umbrella program for community service and charitable donations. In 2009, 80% of the funds raised will go to City Year which is a national community service program for young people. Specifically the funds will be used for City Year’s programs in Washington, DC schools and after-school centers.
A special thank you goes out to our following sponsors and supporters: Cisco, Motorola, Turner, ADB and the Walter Kaitz Foundation.