Leslie Ellis in her Multichannel News article, Translation Please: Best of NCTA Tech Papers, 2009*, reviewed three of the nineteen papers available in the 2009 NCTA Technical Papers. The papers she reviewed are:
- The Challenges of Stopping Illegal Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
- by Kevin Bauer, Dirk Grunwald and Douglas Sickler from University of Colorado
- This paper was presented in the Technical Papers session, “Highly Individual: Content Protection and Delivery in the Digital Era.”
- Increasing MSO Advertising Revenues Through Management of Ad Skipping
- by Dan Holden of Comcast Media Center
- This paper was presented in the Technical Papers session, “Sending the Right Message: Techniques and Technologies for Targeted Advertising.”
- Wireless and Home Networking: A Foundation for Service Provider Applications
- by Timothy Burke of Liberty Global, Inc.
- This paper was presented in the Technical Papers session, “The Invisible Network: Wireless Broadband in the Home. . .and Out of It.”
Check out these papers and more when you purchase the 2009 NCTA Technical Papers. Make sure to come back and share your comments about the papers here.
The 50th Anniversary Edition of the NCTA Technical Papers is available for purchase for $75 (cd or book).
*In the article Leslie Ellis quoted the price for the CD or Book versions as $50 each, please note that the correct price is $75 as the $50 price was only available during The Cable Show ’09 and if you purchased it on-site.