Have you had a chance to download our Cable Show Mobile App yet? The app is available for both BlackBerries and Apple products like; iPhone, iPad and iTouch. Download it now for:
- Exhibitor information and details in the palm of your hand
- Real-time Show alerts and Twitter feeds (make sure to use #CS10 when tweeting about the show!)
- Easy access to the Show schedule, panel locations and more
- Creating a personalized schedule
When you’ve downloaded the app, here’s some tips to help you get the most out of this free application:
- WiFi/Location Feature: Turn your WiFi on in your Apple settings app. You do not need to join or connect to the 3G networks to use this feature as WiFi in the Los Angeles Convention Center is free to use during The Cable Show (May 11-13).
- Dashboard Schedule: Initially this does not show until you create your schedule. Once you have created your schedule, the next item on your schedule will appear and continue to update as the show goes on. This will also update if you import your schedule from the show website.
- Exhibitor Tab: The initial view is by category and if you scroll down it will begin alphabetically. You can also search by pulling down the top with your finger which will reveal a search bar. Searches can be done by exhibitor name, keywords, booth number, etc. Searches may appear to hang for a second but they are dynamically producing your list from the search criteria. Remember: they will bring up everything to do with the search string you put in.
- Events: Events are listed by day and time. To scroll to the next day use the arrow keys next to the date and day. Adding an event to your schedule –tap the star key at the top right and this will automatically add the event to your schedule. If you want to delete the event, tap the star button again to take this off your schedule. Events can also be added without going into the event detail by tapping the star on the left side in the events list.
- Rate the Session: Located toward the bottom on the event information.
- Speakers: Listed at the bottom of the event – tap a name and get the bio of the speaker
For more helpful tips, download our Mobile App Tips PDF.
Let us know in the comments how the App is working out for you.