Every year during The Cable Show, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association hosts, the Vanguard Awards, an event that honors the best of the cable industry. The people honored during this celebration are nominated by their peers for their outstanding work in their particular field. We are currently collecting nominations for these awards and are asking for your help in recognizing some of the cable industry’s brightest.
To nominate someone, download the 2011 NCTA Vangaurd Awards nomination form and fax the completed form to us at NCTA at 202-222-2431 or e-mail it to us at email@example.com. We are looking to recognize your colleagues in range from Marketing to Operations Management to our Distinguished Vanguard Awards for Leadership.
Forms are due by next Friday, March 25.
Rules and Regulations for Nominating a Vanguard
The establishment and conferral of all NCTA Vanguard Awards is the prerogative of the Board of Directors, who function through the NCTA Awards Committee. The Board, at any time, may change the following policies, but the changes shall not apply to the current year.
- The Awards Committee shall solicit nominations for and make final selection of all recipients for NCTA Vanguard Awards and determine when no award shall be given. The Awards Committee is comprised of members from NCTA Board of Directors as well as former award winners.
- All individuals must be nominated in writing by a member of NCTA or by a staff member of a state/regional cable association. In addition, supporting letters for specific nominations will only be accepted from NCTA members or staff members of state/regional cable associations.
- Only members of NCTA shall be eligible for Vanguard Awards. Professional staffs of state, regional or national associations for the cable television industry are also eligible. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible for Vanguard Awards. Individuals who have been recipients of a Vanguard Award in the past are not eligible to receive the same award a second time.
- Unless unusual circumstances warrant change, only one Vanguard Award in each category may be presented each year, with the exception of the Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership and the Vanguard Award for Young Leadership. Two awards are presented in the Distinguished Vanguard Award category—one to a man and one to a woman. In the Vanguard for Young Leadership category, the Awards Committee, at its discretion, may choose more than one recipient.
- An individual’s longevity in the industry in and of itself is not to be a factor for consideration, but contributions may be cumulative with judgment based on the quality of results.
In the case of awards made in specialized fields, the Awards Committee may appoint appropriate experts to locate and evaluate nominees and recommend a recipient for approval by the Committee.