A special thanks to everyone who participated in The Cable Show’s Daily Quizzle Contest, which ran during Cable Connection – Fall. We hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for more special surprises as we ramp up for The Cable Show 2011.
The Cable Show Daily Quizzle question number three is a fun one with a culinary bent. Are you ready to start answering? Submit your answers via twitter – make sure to include the hashtag #cable11quiz. The only way to win a Flip Cam HD is to play the Quizzle. The winner of today’s contest will be randomly selected after the close of the quiz at 5pm CST/6pm EST.
What is your favorite New Orleans meal or food from New Orleans?
The Cable Show Daily Quizzle question number two is now here. Are you ready to start answering? Submit your answers via twitter – make sure to include the hashtag #cable11quiz. A winner of today’s Flip Cam will be randomly selected after the close of the quiz at 5pm CST/6pm EST.
What’s your favorite NOLA hot spot?
We finally have the preliminary schedule posted on The Cable Show website. More details about The Cable Show will be added as they come in. Expect a lot more information to come in January. Don’t forget that The Cable Show is also a part of Cable Connection.
Some highlights from the schedule include:
- CableCares is coming back and there will be events on March 31 and April 1 that you can participate in.
- Opening General Session will be at 3 pm on April 1.
- NCTA Vanguard Awards will be a reception at 3pm on Friday, April 3 at 3pm.
- The Cable Show will close with the ever popular Battle of the Bands on Friday.
For those not familiar with Battle of the Bands or BoB, BoB is a charity fundraiser that we held last year. Proceeds raised from the event went to CableCares to benefit local New Orleans charity. Due to tremendous demand, we are bringing back BoB and will be donating proceeds from the event to a soon to be announced DC charity. More information on BoB will come shortly. Here’s who came in the top three positions at last year’s BoB:
Xpanded Bandwidth of Cox Communications, won the Battle of the Bands competition.
The Paul Allen Band rocked its way into second place.
The Frontline locked up the third spot.
From the article:
AM: You’re chairman of The Cable Show ’09. It will be during the inaugural Cable Connection week. How do you think this consolidation of events will work out?
MW: It has to work out. The industry is a different industry than it was when all these things got started. There are fewer companies that serve many subscribers. There just needed to be a rationalization of all this travel that was taking place. We looked for ways to do it that will not detract from the contributions these various organizations are making to the industry. We just needed to be more rational about how they do it.
UPDATE: Some minor adjustments were made to the schedule. The schedule is now up to date as of 10/06/2008.
Cable Connection- Spring schedule is finally out, though changes may be made it to the closer we get to April 2009. Registration for The Cable Show ’09 and other events will open in November 2008. Call for Speakers and Technical Papers will also occur this fall. Just keep your eyes peeled on the Cable Show blog as we will announce those calls here.
Cable Connection- Spring ’09 Schedule
Wednesday, April 1
- The Cable Show begins.
- Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Leadership Conference begins, including the WICT 30th Anniversary Celebration & Reception.
Thursday, April 2
- The Cable Show continues.
- Cable Positive Power Awards recipients honored at the Cable Show Chairman’s Reception
- WICT Leadership Conference continues
Friday, April 3
- The Cable Show continues, including NCTA Vanguard Awards presentation
- National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) Annual Awards Breakfast
- CableLabs hosts its Law and Technology Seminars
Sunday, April 5
- Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) Research Conference starts
Monday, April 6
- CTAM Research Conference continues
Tuesday, April 7
- CTAM Research Conference continues